Thursday, July 21, 2011

Recall is coming

The Sharon Township recall election is just around the corner. August 2 will be here before we know it. I'd like to say I've personally polled all the residents and can give you an accurate prediction of the outcome, but I haven't. I have, however, been to every Sharon Township board meeting for the last four months, where I've listened to residents' thoughts on the issue. Unfortunately, this is of little help to me as well.
At the board meetings, the residents who usually make reference to the recall tend to be in favor of it. While this may point to a successful recall, it's the voices of the majority of residents, who do not attend board meetings to voice their concerns, who will truly impact the outcome.
I'm anxious to see the results when they come in. I think I'll be surprised either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment