Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A call for some Chicken Broil help


I still remember the first thing I noticed about Manchester when I first came here, looking for a place to live.

It was the sign to the village limits on Austin Road, saying "Home of the Famous Chicken Broil." It was one I found slightly ironic, since I hadn't heard of this Chicken Broil before.

It didn't take me long to realize what a big deal the event was, and I've been excited to see it come alive since January.

However, since I am still a Chicken Broil newbie, I need a little help. I'm looking for some Manchester (and non-Manchester) folk to help me understand how important this event is. That being said, I have a few questions I'd like to pose:
  • What makes the Chicken Broil such a special event for Manchester, and why? 
  • What are some of your favorite memories of the Chicken Broil?
  • What are you looking forward to the most?
  • And last one (and I need a complete honest answer here): How good is the chicken served at the broil??
If you know anyone else that comes out of town for the broil, be sure to send this link along, I'd love to gain some perspective, as well as include some info for a story for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment