Here's the tweet announcing all the recommendations statewide, which includes six projects in Washtenaw County:
Michigan Natural Resources Trust Fund Board recommends 99 grant-funded projects totaling $39.6 million: ow.ly/7TwWl— Michigan DNR (@MichiganDNR) December8, 2011
The recommendation of the acquisition, which is being called the River Raisin Recreation Area, is to cost $3 million on the area, which is "to focus on hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation."
The move was the next step in the land acquisition, the DNR told The Enterprise in September. The next step is to send the recommendation to the state legislature, a process that could go well into next year.
Other projects on the recommendation list in the county include:
- $2.275 million to connect to urban nature preserves
- $300,000 to Gallup Park for several improvements, including energy improvements and better access to buildings
- $300,000 to help fund the in-ground skate park at Veterans Memorial Park
- $300,000 to renovate Rutherford Pool
- $289,400 for developing the Heritage Bridge over Michigan Avenue and a fishing pier