Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Voting is especially important in local races, like Sharon Township and Manchester schools



Did you pick up your sticker
today?
I've always been taught that voting is just something you do as a citizen. I remember the first time I voted, and it felt kind of cool to do it. Today, voting still felt just as cool, even though it was not in the usual spot for me (I casted a ballot in Clinton this morning, the first time I've done so away from my hometown).

These local races many residents are voting on today are perhaps the most important ones they'll vote on. Presidential and gubernatorial races have all the glamour, but it's these city council and school board elections that determine more of your daily life than what Barack Obama does in the White House.

Be sure you head to the polls and vote today. There's a contested race for two seats on the Manchester school board, and there's an uncontested race in Sharon Township for two seats on the board, stemming from the recall election in August (if you think not voting in an uncontested race is an okay thing to do, reflect on what I wrote here a few months ago about that very issue. I hope you'll look at it differently).

There still is time to go to the polls today, they're open until 8 p.m. So go pick up your sticker and wear it the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment