Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Boxes, boxes, boxes!

This past weekend, I moved into a new apartment with my girlfriend. Though I would like to report that we're all moved in and settled, that's not the case. As we speak, dozens of boxes fill the living room and pour over into the adjacent computer room and bedroom. It's like a maze that we set up for the neighborhood kids to come play in. At night, if I get up, I run into not one, but three boxes before reaching the bathroom. On top of that, there is just so much purging we have to do. Between my stuff and her stuff, we could probably fill an entire house!
Each night we have set a goal to get one room finished. Sunday we did the kitchen. Monday we did the dining room. Progress IS being made, but at a slow pace. And that's not saying anything for the rest of my stuff still at my old apartment. I have to clean that out completly by Sunday. She assures me we will be done with the old apartment Wednesday. Somehow I have my doubts. The place still needs to be cleaned.
Tommorow we're meeting the Salvation Army guys to come and get my couch, loveseat, kitchen table and chairs (sadly, they did not make the final list). The Salvation Army said they will pick this stuff up between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. I guess that means while we are waiting around for the truck to show up, we can clean the apartment.
On top of all that, after work yesterday all I wanted to do was come home and plop down on the couch and watch TV. That was not to be. A day after the cable and Internet was hooked up, it didn't work. Therefore I have to meet the cable guy again today after work to see what the problem is.
For those poor souls who find moving "fun", I envy you.

No comments:

Post a Comment