Monday, June 27, 2011

Google finally got it right

This was supposed to be a post on how Google just keeps wrong information about Manchester live and doesn't do anything about it. And then I checked, and found they had fixed themselves, saving a scolding from this blogger.

For the longest time, Google has listed Manchester High School as being at 410 City Road, and not at it's current location on Dutch Drive. Because I'm still relatively new to the village, I would assume this is where the high school was before the current one was built.

Being the map nerd I can be, I submitted an edit to Google to show them where the school is actually located. While it won't do too much during the summer, I venture it could be useful come this fall, say, when football season starts.

Sometime in the last week or two, someone finally made the changes, and Manchester High School's address and location are correct, although two listings appear: the first shows the school simply on Dutch Drive, and the second gives the correct location:

I'm not sure if it was my edits that did this, since I didn't receive an email telling me the edit had been reviewed and corrected, as has happened to some previous edits I've made. But it's now corrected, and Manchester is slightly better represented on the world's biggest search engine.

Is there someone wrong listed on Google in Manchester or the surrounding areas you'd like to see corrected, but don't know how to fix it? Email me at dveselenak@heritage.com and I'll submit a problem ticket for it! (And FYI, C&C Pizza owners: I've already submitted one to have your business replace Classic Pizza on the map.)

2 comments:

  1. I submitted the correct adress as well a few weeks ago for the high school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, very cool. Happy to know I wasn't the only one doing it, perhaps then they got the picture.

    ReplyDelete