Thursday, July 23, 2009

Harry Potter strangely addicting

Over the course of the past month, my girlfriend has given me a crash course on the wizard world of J.K. Rowling's "Harry Potter." It all started with her announcement that she wanted to see the newest installment that recently hit theaters, "Harry Potter and thr Half-Blood Prince."
I guess my hesitation got the better of me. After informing her that I had neither read nor seen any of the Harry Potter movies, that's all it took for her to plan our nightly activities.
And thank God she did.
Now, after watching the first five Harry Potter movies, I am hooked. I am waiting for a free evening to go see the new movie with her. How did this happen? I didn't think of myself as much of a Potter fan, but now I can see why Rowling's wizard world is so fascinating.
In addition to watching the movies, I think I will also start reading the series in order to pick up on anything the movies leave out.
Now if only I can get her to go see "The Orphan" with me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment